Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Scandalpalooza, Part II: The Encroachment of Tyranny

You know, I’m just so glad the President reassured me that tyranny isn’t around the corner back on the 5th of this month.    I mean, sure, as I mentioned (in passing) earlier this week, he was busy prying into the lives of journalists and their parents, but that’s small potatoes, water under the bridge.  Having remembered his reassurance, I can go back to completely trusting the government to not abuse its power.  I mean, it’s not like the government was using its most powerful agency to target conservatives.
Wait, what was that?  …Ah.  I see.
On some level, I understand the impulse some people have to recoil at “extreme” descriptions of actions taken by the administration or the government.  It may very well drive away some from our side.  The question is, is it better to cater to people’s weakness, hyper-sensitivity and ignorance, or is it better to tell the truth?
I choose the latter when I call this administration’s tactics fascistic….To Read More…

No comments:

Post a Comment