Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Monday, August 29, 2016

A White Teacher Speaks Out

Christopher Jackson

I recall a bad joke that explains, in crude terms, the relationship between blacks and whites in America today:
“What do you call a white man surrounded by 20 blacks?”
“Coach.”
“What do you call a white man surrounded by 1,000 blacks?”
“Warden.”
I might add another line to this joke: “What do you call a white man surrounded by 30 blacks?”
“Teacher.”
Until recently I taught at a predominantly black high school in a southeastern state. I took the job because I wasn’t knowledgeable about race at the time, and black schools aren’t picky. The school offered me a job and suddenly I was in darkest Africa. Except, I wasn’t in Africa; I was in America......To Read More....

No comments:

Post a Comment